Monday, October 4, 2021

Positive news

 Those who read my blog, will know that every 4 months I have to take a scan of the abdomen to check how the methastases on my pancreas and lungs are doing. The last time, end of May, it showed that the growth on my pancreas had somewhat increased in size, and as a result the oncologist prescribed new medication, which works in another way than Votrient. This medication is named Cabometyx and it's rather costly (10,000 € per 30 tablets). Thanks to our excellent health system in Belgium, I don' t have to pay for it.

Today was the last scan of this year. And the result was positive: the growth has become smaller, thanks to the new medication. (Well, for that kind of money, it'd better work!)

I can continue with this medication, which is less poisonous than the product I used to take before. Less side-effects and less heavy on the stomach. I seldom become sick these days, and I don't have to hurry to the bathroom anymore. 

I'll be able to end the year in a positive fashion and look forward to the new one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment