Saturday, February 15, 2014

How was your Valentine's Day?

Yesterday was February 14th, the day for lovers. Lots of men hurried to the flower shop to buy a nice bouquet for their spouses, or bought chocolates and/or other presents.


If you have a lover, or husband, or boyfriends that's ok. You get a present - or you may expect one, at the least.

But what for those who don't have somebody who loves them? Don't they get a special treat?

All in all, I think Valentine's Day is a bit too commercialized. All the shops offers products for Valentine and it looks as if you are obliged to buy something. You get mails offering Valentine's cards to send around. Everyone talks about it.

I'm not married, and don't have a boyfriend. So I never get anything on this day. Well, I'd be lying, because yesterday a political party (we have elections in May) handed out chocolates to everyone taking the train in the station of Dendermonde. And when arriving in Sint-Niklaas, I got another one. But never a card, or flowers ... poor me!

So I'd suggest to all those who did not get anything yesterday to treat themselves to something special.  I got myself a big box of chocolates today, and I'll have a couple of them tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment