Saturday, March 14, 2015

Writing an evaluation

Most of you who read my blog know I'm a teacher. Over the past two weeks I had trainee teachers giving lessons, and I have to evaluate their work.

I find this quite difficult. Especially when you look at the forms the poor things bring along, from their training college. The things that are asked!

For me, it would suffise that I just stated what was good in their lessons, and what could be better. Some short paragraphs, more than enough. I hate using too many words. Also in my writing.

So I just tried to fill in those forms to the best of my knowledge, and kept remembering my training days. It's impossible for these young girls and boys to do everything right already. Even after more than thirty years of teaching, I still find it hard (at occasions) to find the right attitude for a class.

What do you think about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment