Monday, October 22, 2018

End of the Indian Summer

Today definitely marks the end of a prolonged Indian Summer period, with lots of sunshine and temperatures up to 21° Celsius!

It's raining, there blows a fierce wind and it is certainly a lot colder than before. Time to get the winter jackets out!

What I like about autumn is that the dark comes early, and it's ever so cosy to cuddle up in the sofa with a good book and a glass of wine.

Also making walks through a forest, full of fallen leaves. Talking about falling leaves, what I don't like is to have to clean them up in my garden... We have a big chesnut tree and it's shedding its leaves right now.

After a long walk a cup of hot chocolate will be fine (every now and then I can have something sweet, as my sugar levels are more or less under control). And roasted nuts...

And it's not long now before it's Halloween and All Saints. Time to read ghost stories (see Face in the Mirror and Other Stories which I wrote some years ago - I still think it's a great read for such days).


Some of these short stories are also the start point of an entire novel. The Black Coach is based on one such story and the WIP I'm working on now, The witch of Hawestone Moor, on another.

No comments:

Post a Comment