Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Another year added...

Today I became 63 years young. Time flies by! Still, I don't feel like I'm in my sixties. I can still do whatever I like without any problem. I can ride a horse, I can ski down a hill, I ride my bike, I walk all the time... Yes, despite being a cancer patient I feel quite fit.

This morning, I woke up to a nice sunny sky. That always gives me a good feeling. I like it when the sun shines on my birthday. And the day hasn't finished yet. My sister is going to cook a favorite of mine for dinner and there'll be something sweet later on. And the postman hasn't delivered the post yet (we only get in in the early afternoon, that's Belgian post)...

One thing I'm definitely not going to do, is partying. I don't like it that much - never did, not even as a teenager or twen. I don't like going out to disco's or bars, having to listen to loud music and not understanding what someone's saying. I much prefer a quiet evening with friends - something to eat, good wine and nice music, perhaps some dancing when the mood strikes.


Already got the first birthday card yesterday. It was from my sister. She sent it a bit early because last year the post delivered it a couple of days late (our postal services aren't too good) I quite liked it, especially because she used a picture that was taken last year during our trip to Dubai. We made an excursion into the desert then.

No comments:

Post a Comment