Friday, May 3, 2019

Greta Thunberg can actually 'see' CO2

In a recent book Greta Thunberg's mother wrote, she mentioned that her daughter can really see CO2 exhaust escaping from chimneys. I suppose lots of people won't believe this, even laugh at this statement.

Now we know that Greta suffers from Asperger syndrome. And Asperger patients often have a higher intelligence. In some case, a high IQ means that the one having it can see things another can't. So Greta's mother's statement may be true.

Both my sister and I have a higher IQ. And we can 'see' things another can't. For instance, when sitting on a bench and watching people go by, we can immediately tell which nationality they have. 'That's a Dutchman, here's a German, that one is English.' And we'll always be right. We can also 'see' the (lack of) intelligence in someone's face. I once surprised a psychologist who had tested a pupil for IQ. I told her the girl had about 80 - and she reacted quite surprised, asking me: Have you also tested her? When I answered I didn't, just thought it to be that way, she said her tests had resulted an 81.

Well, not wanting to say that a high IQ is a blessing. It often sets you apart. I know I couldn't work well in group, because I couldn't bear the endless discussions about a problem that was really easy to solve - only my colleagues wouldn't believe it to be. I got my best results in teaching when I had a group that had a reasonable intelligence. Working with less intelligent pupils was straining because I had problems understanding why they did not understand my explanation, even if I tried it ten times in different ways. That's another thing in teaching. Most people will not understand that dumb people won't get more intelligent by teaching.

Are there any others with similar capabilities?

No comments:

Post a Comment