Saturday, July 13, 2019

Computer problems

Since yesterday evening I've been experiencing problems with my pc. I don't know what's wrong with it. It's an old computer, but it worked fine until yesterday. Now I can just open up a browser but I can't switch off in the correct way, nor can I open up other files.

Worries, worries! I'm not computer savvy since wse never learnt how to work a computer at school. In my days, we didn't even have computers. I'm from 1956 so I saw a lot of change in my time. First we had typewriters (Remington) which turned into electrical ones some time later. Then came a sort of pc which only worked well for text writing - which was in those days a great plus because you could change freely in your text and only needed to print it out. In the 1990s came internet. First with a modem - tuut-tuut-tuut. Where are the days??? People born nowadays can't imagine how it was in earlier times. I could spend an hour relating all of this to my students when I was still working. They were fascinated by it.

Well, I hope that by some miracle I can sort out my problem here with the pc so it works as fine as it used to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment