Friday, September 20, 2019

Latest scan: OK!

Three times a year (in January, May and September) I have to go under the CT-scanner to see what happens in my abdomen. This since my op two years ago, when my right kidney (along with a big tumor) was removed.

It's always a bit of anxiousness to await the results. Are there new cancer cells present or not? Up to now all scans showed a negative result - just as that of yesterday morning. So I'm happy once more because the medication I take (I call it my daily poison - and it really is poison, because you can't touch it with your hands, if you do you need to wash them carefully) works. And that with half the dose! I got too sick with the full dose (800 mg), so the oncologist had my take only 400 mg a day. Since then the nausea and other ill effects have mostly gone away.

So I'm looking out to a splendid weekend here at the coast! The sun is already shining and it promises to be a beautiful sunny weekend with high temperatures, probably the last good one for the season. I'm already here at the flat, my sister comes later this afternoon to have her first weekend without work waiting to be done.

Happy weekend to all of  you!

No comments:

Post a Comment