Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Autumn is here

 Not even two weeks ago, we were sunbathing on our terrace at the coast - now the weather has completely turned and it's autumn for sure!

Autumn here in Belgium means mostly a lot of grey skies and rain, every now and then a bit of sunshine. We rarely get Indian summers. 

The last weekend of September, when the weather was already turning, I bought myself a new coat for this season. Clothing has cost me a lot recently! I've lost quite a bit of weight since I was diagnosed with cancer and have gone back to the way I was in my early twenties. Around 56 kg, coming from well into the seventies. The last years, I buy something and after a few months it's too wide once more. I'm on a UK size 12 around now. Some people would envy me, because I don't do anything for a diet. I eat well and enjoy the good things in life. But as a result of my medication, I have to use the bathroom a lot and that brings down the weight. I've lost all my surplus fat and hope not to lose more weight.

Anyway, the new coat was what I needed. I've been wearing it every day now. It's warm and the hoodie is great against some drops of rain.

What I like about fall, is that the evenings are more cozy than ever. Sitting of the sofa, in a warm environment, enjoying a glass of wine or a hot drink, reading or watching TV... 

What I don't like is having to gather the fallen leaves. Behind our garden fence are some trees and their leaves fall roaylly in our garden. It's a yearly chore I truly dislike - and my sister is always too busy at work for school to help a hand!

What do you like/dislike about this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment