Sunday, October 18, 2020

Measures nobody understands

 Just one week after our government took new corona measures, they decided to take even severe ones. With most of them I can agree - but they have also decided to close all restaurants for at least 4 weeks!

This is a measure  nobody understands. Earlier this year, all cafés and restaurants were closed from March until June 8th. Then they could re-open, with strict safety measures. And I must say, all the restaurants I've been to since adhered well to these rules. I never once felt unsafe in one of them. There was enough space between tables, and when somebody needed to use the toilet, they wore a face mask. I don't believe a person could get contaminated in such an environment.

I understand they want to close the cafés. Especially those where lots of young people gather, were not always strict with the rules. And lots of youngsters don't care either. But why the restaurants? They could have said that there could be no more than 4 people at one table, for instance. Or even put more distance between tables. But close them??? It's a disaster for all those who suffered already so much in spring, and now risk to lose more money. 

And will it stop the pandemic? I don't think so. Much more dangerous is what we do at home. Not everyone lives like my sister and I. We've never hugged in all of our lives, it just wasn't done in our family. We practically never receive people at home. When we go shopping, we keep our distance from other people. And up to now, none of us two has caught corona.

Sorry if I'l ranting, but I feel bad about this. Dining out is one of our pleasures, and now it's taken away, just like travelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment