Friday, October 9, 2020

New corona measures

 As of today, a set of new corona measures starts. The number of infections with Covid-19 is once more growing higher and higher and the hospitals are nearly reaching their full capacity taking in corona patients.

This is the case all over Europe. After a first wave, starting around the middle of March, now has come the second one. 

As of today, it's forbidden to have close contact with more than 3 people outside your family circle. Cafés and pubs need to close at 11 pm. In Brussels they have even closed down for a month (the situation in Brussels is worse than anywhere else). And people complain, of course.

Personally, I don't have any trouble with these new measures. I don't feel the need to hug or kiss people - we never did in our family, which doesn't mean we didn't love each other - we had the best parents and grandparents ever! As it is, we don't have any close friends right now and so don't 'have to' see them. As for pubs, they could close them all down for all I care. I've perhaps been in one two or three times in my whole lifetime. What would hurt me more is when they close down the restaurants or forbid to travel. 

I don't know if these new measures will help a lot. In my experience, most people are fed up with corona and don't care too much about safety. While I think keeping distance and keeping to your own family is the best way to fight this virus. But a lot of people feel the need to come together with lots of friends/family and being very close with them. That's where the infection likes it best. 

What's your opinion? 

No comments:

Post a Comment