Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Belgium at war against Facebook

Our Belgian ministers have begun a fight against Facebook. In their view, Facebook uses too much of our personal data. They use pictures you take in advertising, watch which sites you visit and then offer advertising just for that (I know, every time I look for a hotel on Booking.com, this hotel pops up on my page already an hour later), sell your info to third parties, allow discriminating video's to be seen by all, etc.



Our ministers think this is infringing our privacy too much. Facebook should learn what is allowed and what is not!

Therefore, they have begun action, along with some other (small) countries in Europe. I wonder if they'll be able to pull this off. What do you think? Are you bothered by the lack of privacy on Facebook?

Personally, I'm not - but then I don't put up much personal info on my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment