Sunday, August 3, 2014

What would you do?

This morning, while going to my Facebook account, I read a post by an author friend. Ken (Bruen) lives in Ireland, and has a daughter with Down syndrome. This morning, he was walking with the daughter in a wheelchair. They were accosted by a gang of hooligans.

Now Ken is not one who likes to suffer, so he turned into an agrressor himself. Also the daughter bit the guys where she could. Hooligans turned into victims. And Ken did not feel sorry for them.

What would you do?

I know how I'd react. When someone tries to hurt me, I'd defend myself with all I have. Teeth, nails, knees, keys, handbag, umbrella. I would not care if I hurt them or not. Nobody touches me without permit.

My sister is the same.

But I've seen people who allow themselves to be knocked over. They just do nothing, they appear paralysed with fear.

Alright, you won't be able to do anything when someone holds a gun. Then you just give them what they want. (And perhaps you can do something later.)

But against a knife or any other weapon you have a chance. Better go down fighting than do nothing at all, that's my motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment