Sunday, May 6, 2018

It's the weekend

And weekends are made for doing just nothing... only those things you like, right?

Moreover, since Friday the weather has taken a turn for the better and we've only seen blue skies and a warm sun since then. It'll remain like this for at least a couple of days more.

It's a pleasure riding the bike right now (my neighbor wonders why I don't feel afraid to use it, but it's like riding a horse, when it throws you, you just have to get up once more) and feel the sun in your face. The warm coats are in the cupboard and t-shirts have replaced long sleeved ones.

Perhaps it's because of my taking so many pills right now (for blood pressure, for the sugar level in my blood, to make my thyroid gland work better, to fight nausea, to make the cancer metastases disappear) that I feel the cold more than earlier in my life. Now I think 30° Celsius is a temperature that's just right. When we were in Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah, where the temperature was around 37° all days, it felt good. A couple of years ago, I would have felt it was too warm.

I suppose we'll have lunch and dinner outside today. We have a set of garden furniture that is easy to handle and can be put out when necessary. A salad with strawberries and nuts for lunch, and tonight asparagus Flemish style, with young potatoes and pork tenderloin with onion sauce. Yummie! I do love asparagus and try to eat them as long as the season for them lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment