Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Swiitching out of holiday mood

We returned from Prague, Czechi yesterday and so today is an ordinary week day - a workday for my sister. I don't know about you, but I always need to adjust once more.

It took me longer this morning to get in my ordinary schwung (drive). I sat longer at breakfast, it took me longer to read my newspaper. Even riding my bike didn't go as swiftly as usual, despite the nice weather we're having.

I'm still partly in holiday mood. Even it is just for a short time you're away, the feeling still lingers on. Being out of ordinary life can do a lot of good to a person. Freeing your thoughts, for instance. When away, you don't think of work (or you shouldn't). Even national news doesn't seem very important.

Do you also share these feelings? If so, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment