Monday, May 28, 2018

Roland Garros: what will our Belgians do?

The French Open at Roland Garros started yesterday. We Belgians have some players who are joining the competition, with the two major ones being David Goffin (nr. 9 in the world ranking) and Elise Mertens (top-20).


Goffin played his first match yesterday against Dutchman Robin Haase. A weird match, in which Goffin had to fight against himself but won in the end, albeit after 5 sets. Mertens will play her first match today.


We can only hope that one (or even both of them) will end up to play at least a quarter final or semi final. Winning would be a bit too much to expect. Rafael Nadal is the king at Roland Garros. But with the women? There is more open competition, and you never know how it will turn.

I'll be watching the tennis these coming day, as I like the play. I can't play myself (eyesight is not good enough for it) but it's one of the sports I prefer. I'm not so much a fan of soccer and cycling. I also like horse jumping, skiing and ice-skating.

No comments:

Post a Comment