Saturday, March 1, 2014

Carnival time

I don't know about you, but I definitely don't like carnival! I don't know why people want to dress up and act silly throughout carnival time - which is from Sunday to Wednesday noon. At some places in Belgium, like Aalst, the real carnival goers leave at noon on Sunday and return home on Wednesday afternoon...


So we try to escape. We're at the coast now. They also have carnival here, but at the flat you don't see or hear anything about it.

Some claim that carnival is a tradition. It is big in Germany, Holland and parts of Belgium. Also in Rio de Janeiro, Venice and New Orleans.

I remember that when we went skiing to the Rockies, we met lots of Southeners who wanted to escape carnival time in their state.

Where's the thrill in disguising yourself and walking around throwing confetti? I really can't understand.  I can have a good time without having to get drunk or behave like a beast. Just give me a good book and I am happy. Or ride my bike or a horse, or come down a ski slope, ... just name it.

And what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment