Thursday, May 8, 2014

Kindle Paperwhite

Sometime it amazes me how fast something can be delivered overseas. I ordered my new Kindle on Sunday night (after I had taken a fall with my previous Kindle in my handbag and it did not survive the tumble) and already on Wednesday morning UPS delivered me the package.


Just imagine, it comes from Kentucky (I presume KY means Kentuck?), was put on a plane and arrives safely here in Dendermonde. I just had time to read another novel in between.

But what amazes me most how much this new version differs from my old one. This Kindle is much smaller and weighs less. It also has a touch screen. Luckily I bought myself a tablet some months ago, so I'm already used to swiping and touching. (I was born in 1956 and there were no computers then...)

Must say reading on the new device is very handy. The screen is very clear and you can even read in the dark or in the heat of the sun. There are many options which I haven't even tried out. I already know how to select a book, go through the pages, return to the home page. For now, that's enough.

It almost took me as long to download all my books I bought in the past years as waiting for the new Kindle to arrive. I just can't resist buying books, and especially not when they are so cheap. Do you know that print books in Belgium cost over 20 Euro (28 $)? An e-book bought on Amazon rarely costs more than 5 $, only a bit more if you buy the newest bestseller. So my collection of acquired books is vast and since I have my Kindle I never go to the library anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment