Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tax on Web

This afternoon I finished my tax declaration. Here in Belgium we have to fill in a tax declaration before the end of June. This year it is about the earnings of the year 2013.

What is easy, is that we can do this online. This service is called 'Tax on Web'. Most of the figures are already filled in (like those of your wages). I only had to fill in the amount of gifts I donated and the interests on the capital I pay back on my second loan (which I used to renovate my house). When you are just a simple working man or woman a tax declaration is never difficult.


Also nice about the online service is that you can see immediately whether you  have to pay extra taxes (most people have to) or get money back from the state (I am always among the lucky!). The amount is more or less correct, only differs one or two euro's when the actual bill is presented.

Tax on Web has existed more than 5 years already. It was introduced by minister Vi.ncent Van Quickenborn. He thought it could save paper when people used their computer to fill in their tax declarations. At first, not so many people used Tax on Web. But right now, around 3 million users are listed.

Are there any other countries where a sortlike system exists?

No comments:

Post a Comment