Saturday, December 13, 2014

Hope makes you live

Yesterday morning, the late Queen Fabiola (the widow of King Boudewijn) was buried according to her wishes. She became 86 years old.

I did not watch the entire ceremony on TV, but what I did catch was the most touching moment of the service. Will Tura, most likely the best-known singer-songwriter in Flanders, sang one of his bestselling songs 'Hoop doet leven'.



Hearing Will sing this, it gave me goosebumps, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to experience this. Will Tura is well into his seventies too, and he already sang this song at the funeral of Boudewijn in 1993. This time, it was on special request of the late Queen - who by the way also was quite fond of musical theatre and like ABBA very much!

The only radio host ever to interview Fabiola, Lutgard Simoens, told us yesterday on the radio that Fabiola once shared with her that Boudewijn's favorite song was 'Dream the impossible dream' from the musical 'Man of La Mancha'.

Fabiola was a deeply devoted catholic woman. She really did believe she would be united with her beloved husband once she died herself. I hope for her this became true.

No comments:

Post a Comment