Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hozier's music

Since I listen to the radio broadcasts on a daily basis, I know the song 'Take me to church' well enough. It's a great song, but I really had not listened very carefully to the lyrics.



But yesterday evening, Hozier (or Andrew Hozier-Byrne) was a guest at a talk show on TV 1 and he brought his song live. Great voice, wonderful artist. Because from what he told the host, I learned his song is to promote love whatever the context.

In the clip (which I haven't seen - I never watch channels only playing music) there is a lot of gay bashing and even worse.

Also here in Belgium there are still people who think gay love is wrong. And that while gay people can legally marry and have children.

Personally, I have never thought there is something wrong. Gay love has always existed, not only with people but also with animals. I take no abuse in seeing two men or two women being together.

When I was working in Germany, way back in the 1980's, my best friend was gay. It broke my heart when Fred told me his parents had thrown him out, and refused to ever see him again. How can parents refuse to see their children?

So I respect Hozier for bringing this song, especially since he's Irish and comes from a highly catholic country where lots of things are not talked about.

No comments:

Post a Comment