Saturday, July 29, 2017

Wishing for some sunny weather...

Ever since we came to Heist after my surgery, the weather has been lousy. Dark skies, lots of wind, often rain... it looks more like autumn. You wouldn't know it was summer!

And I do long for some sunshine. I can't do a lot (I'm not permitted to lift or carry heavy objects) except taking a walk or ride my bike - but then you don't do that when it's stormy and raining hard.

Normally, this time of year we would have been in Tuscany, enjoying the Italian sun and food. We had a hotel booked in Florence, and had planned trips to Pisa, Sienna and the Chianti region. On doctor's advise we cancelled all (luckily without losing money in the process). But like I feel now, I think we'd better had not cancelled. I feel fine enough and as long as I don't overdo it, I could as well walk in Italy.

             (This is what I have in mind: taking a relaxing dip in a rooftop pool somewhere)

Next Wednesday I have an appointment with my surgeon, and I'll ask her if we can do a short trip later in August. I really need some sun, and warmer temperatures! With a bit of luck we can find a hotel in either France or Italy and an airplane ticket that's not too expensive.

1 comment: