Saturday, August 18, 2012

Do you love musical theatre?

I surely do, and I have been lucky to have seen many a muscial show already. I've been to the West End in London, Broadway in New York City, and to places like Vancouver, Antwerp and Scheveningen in Holland, Liverpool in GB and Douglas, Isle of Man.

Gathering from my experiences, I've made up my top five of my favorite musicals:

1. With a big * : Phantom of the Opera
2. Second best: Les Miserables
3. Love Never Dies
4. Saturday Night Fever
5. Billy Elliot

The best performers I already saw are Michael Ball (who's now performing in Sweeney Todd, the demon barber of Fleet Street), Ramin Karimloo (superb as The Phantom), Sierra Boggess and Alfie Boe.


I took this picture of Ramin when he did a solo performance in Cardiff, Wales last May. Ramin sang songs from his new album, along with some classics from the musical theatre.


And here I am, next to Michael Ball. When you'e patient enough to wait at the stage door, you often get to meet some of the stars of the musical theatre! Michael did a superb Sweeney Todd this night and I was glad I saw him do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment