Monday, December 30, 2013

What does 2013 remind you of?

The year is coming towards its ending, and soon we'll be thinking back of what happened in 2013- and what it meant to us.

I'm sure it will mean something different for everybody who reads this. So it would be interesting to find out what exactly.

For me 2013 will be the year I finally knew my heart was still working fine. I've had some worries concerning, but a couple of check-ups and scans later the heart surgeon could tell me my heart sometimes beats too fast, but it gets enough rest when I'm sleeping. He told me to avoid stress situations as much as possible and not worry about the rest. I've taken his advice to heart (!) and since then my heartbeat is reasonably low.

For the rest, nothing much. We had a very harsh winter, with lots of snow and ice, and also a warm and sunny summer. Who could wish for more?

We got a new pope and a new king. Filip seems to be doing very well, and is a lot more modern than his father, king Albert II.

But what I'll remember most is that 2013 is the year in which we went abroad 8 times! We made trips to Switserland, to Wales, to Liverpool, to Manchester, to Scotland, to Portugal and finally to Birmingham. We saw Barry Gibb (of the Bee Gees) perform for the first time since long in the UK and we also saw some great musicals, with Marti Pellow and Michael Ball - and we had the chance to talk to both gentlemen.

So what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment