Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A work of mercy

"Healing the sick" is one of the works of mercy (for those who still know them....) - makes me think of my days with the army in Germany, when I and a couple of friends (inclucing the padre) were trying to find which was the seventh work of mercy. Never found the answer that night, probably because of too much booze! No wonder, when brandy and whisky only cost like 20 cents a glass in the officer's mess....

My sister is not feeling well (summer flu) and so I stayed home with her. Not much of a sacrifice, with these insane high temperatures. As I'm typing, sweat is dripping from my forehead onto my pc. It's too warm to to anything - but I did have a good appetite. Whatever the circumstances, I can always eat and enjoy what I'm eating. Tonight we had a vegetarian dish with lots of southern vegetables, feta cheese and quinoa.

How is the weather in your part of the world?






No comments:

Post a Comment