Monday, January 20, 2014

Blue Monday

Today was officially the most depressing day of the year - Blue Monday.

Now we realize that most of the wishes made for the new year won't come true - or we won't be able to realize them.

That's the reason why I don't make wishes. Well, I hope I'll win the lottery once (who doesn't?) but I know it will never happen - I don't count the occasional 10 or 20 Euro I sometimes win with a scratch ticket.

I also hope my health will remain fine, but also that will probably change when I get older. I don't know an elderly person without one or other pain.

I don't have intentions. When the doctor tells me I can't have sugar, I won't take it. It's that simple for me. When I shouldn't drink alcohol, I won't touch a bottle of wine or whisky anymore. I never smoked, that helps already. And I never took drugs, whatever sort, even when the cocaine was offered in full view (that was at a wild party in Sacramento, years ago - the fartherst I went that evening was swim naked in the pool...)

How about you? Did you have good intentions? Do you make wishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment