Friday, January 31, 2014

No more vitamins?

When you read the newspaper on a daily basis, you come across the weirdest things. Today I read something about vitamins.

According to new tests, vitamins are not the wonder pills they are claimed to be. A Swedish trial showed that vitamins don't work as anti-oxcidants, but they would provoke cancer...

When we are going to the doctor, they often prescribe us vitamin C or D. My sister is taking it too. But apparently they don't work wonders.

Vitamins should not be taken seperately, according to the scientists. You have to find them in your food. Those who eat in a healthy way take in enough vitamins to remain fit and without disease.

Well, I'm not a doctor so I can't tell you if this is true or not. Anyway I don't take pills containing vitamins whatever. But as far as I can tell I'm in pretty good shape, but then I eat what is considered healthy: lots of vegetables and fruit, a variation of meat, fish, poultry and seafood, not only potatoes but also rice and pasta. Not too many desserts and not too much sugar or salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment