Friday, April 17, 2015

Outlander

Three Fridays ago, the American/English series Outlander (based on the novels of Diana Gabaldon) was aired on Flemish TV.


Do you love time travelling? I do, and it's something I've always wanted to be able to do myself. Just imagine, being able to travel at will to those periods of time you love. As a big fan of the 17th century, I'd die to be able to experience how life in England was at the time of Restoration (and secretly wanted to meet King Charles the Second, to see if he was really that lady's man) - or I would love to travel to ancient Rome, and have a house full of slaves (yeah, I'm a bit lazy, I don't like to clean or to cook or to iron - wouldn't it be great if all these tasks were done by your house-slaves?).

So I watched this new series with great expectation. And I must say I have not been disappointed. Although the series is not quite like the book, it's still great television.

In the meantime, of course, I've also purchased the series of books starting with Outlander - and I'm completely sold!

Any other fans of Outlander, and Diana Gabaldon??? If so, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment