Thursday, December 13, 2012

What's the first thing you do in the morning?

According to a study, performed by one of our universities, young people between 18 and 30 years of age, immediately grab for their i-phone when they wake up. They need to check their messages before they go to the bathroom and have their breakfast.

So, what's the first thing YOU do when waking up? I must confess I am also a bit addicted. I come down to have my breakfast (I always eat before I bathe) but while I'm having my first cup of coffee of the day, I switch on my pc and - also - check my mail. When I'm travelling, I take my Blackberry and check my messages, even if it costs me some.

My sister is quite different. She doesn't care for mail. She only has one email account (I have three of them) and only checks it about once a week... She likes to read the newspaper during breakfast (guess that's why I turn to the computer: we only have one paper!). When she' s gone to work, I switch off the pc and also set to reading the news. Afterwards I take my shower and get dressed.

As you can read, we always have a breakfast. Usually some slices of brown bread with a spread, and sometimes toast or cornflakes. On Saturdays and Sunday we do something special for breakfast, like baking our own cornbread or raisins bread, or we prepare pancakes or eggs. We have picked up this habit from our trips to the US and Great-Britain.

We also eat together, both in the morning and in the evening. It's a tradition we took along from our parents and greatparents. There has always been time to talk and exchange news while sitting around the table.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on this. I always like to read your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment