Monday, November 30, 2015

Saving the climate... starts at home

Today the Climate Conference in Paris opened. Big talk and even bigger problems to face...

So, when you really are concerned with our environment and the climate, I think there is a lot you can do yourself. When everyone would do his/her best, the problems would be less.

What can you do? Well, for starters you can put the thermostat of your heating system some degrees lower. That way you use less energy. We put our thermostat on 20 degrees Celsius. When it is really cold and we are watching televison, we just snuggle up in a plaid.

Instead of taking a bath, you can shower. And it works even better if you don't shower longer than 5 minutes. I always turn off the water when I soap in or shampoo my hair. The same goes for brushing my teeth. I never let the water run while I'm busy.

Eating vegetarian twice a week also helps. If you don't bake meat, it helps the planet. I don't know about that, but anyway we eat veggie twice a week already. In any case it helps my health! (And the plus of it is that I lose weight.)

A good thing is also to forego a car. We haven't had a car for over 6 years now. We do all our errands on foot or by bike and we use train or bus to get to places.

What are you doing for the climate?

No comments:

Post a Comment