Wednesday, November 18, 2015

We move too little

According to a recent research program, we Belgian move too little. One on two people sits more than 8 hours a day, and apparently most of the people eat before their telly.

That is the main reason why our youth is getting too fat and it sure becomes a problem. Kids come home from school, throw themselves in a chair and either watch TV or play on the computer.


When I was young, we came home from school, made our homework (half an hour!) and went outside, playing. This meant running around a lot, climbing into trees, making rafts to ferry across a river or brook, just name it.

Even now I often move. I do all my shopping either on foot or by bike (even the heavy stuff) and I don't know how many times I run up all the stairs in my home to the attic room where I do my ironing and drying of the washing.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment