Thursday, March 7, 2013

How crazy can weather be?

Today our temperatures reached 19° Celsius (which is almost like summer!), just like the previous days. Only the sun did not quite cooperate, as it was rather cloudy and now it's raining a little. But the other days were full of sunshine and it was very pleasant to be outside.

But if we can believe the weather forecasts, we'll be in winter once more on Sunday! The temperatures will drop at least 15 degrees and we'll have frost during the night once more. The day temperatures won't go over 4° C. And it will last for at least one week, even longer.

Well, I've once known it to snow after Easter, even on my birthday (May 15th) when I was still living in Germany, after a harsh winter.

Weather can be tricky, especially in Belgium. We don't often get nice weather, and a long hot summer is more than ten years ago. During the 1990's and the early 2000's we had some great summers, when you were practically living outdoors day and night. I remember a particularly hot day in August, when we were eating a Cajun stew and the sweat fell down from my forehead into my plate... (It did not spoil my appetite, though!)

How's the weather in your part of the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment