Monday, July 1, 2013

Last will and testament

For some time, my sister and I have been talking about what should happen after our death. Yes, I know, it's not a subject you like to discuss, but nevertheless you should do it before it is too late.


We want to make our will, but it costs like 300 € to have it drafted at the sollicitor's. And you can do other things with that money...

But some time ago I heard on the radio there is a way around this. If you want to leave your money and possessions to a good cause (which we intend to do anyway) these organisations will do everything for you.

So I put it to the test. And yes, WWF is more than willing to accept my legacy. They've already established a relations officer to make all the contacts and they will also find a sollicitor to put all the details on paper.

We don't have any close family (no other siblings) so the inheritance would fall to the government when we aren't there any longer. And the government taxes us high enough as it is, so I don't see any need to make them even richer...

Have you made plans for later? Would you give away your possessions to the good cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment