Friday, March 10, 2017

Haven't got time for it!

Nowadays, whenever I meet people I haven't seen for a while, they want to know how I get on in my pension. 'Don't you get bored?' is a question often heard.

No, I'm not bored. In fact, I often must say I haven't got any spare time! And this what I often hear from other pensioners. Everyone thinks we have all the time of the world because we don't have to work anymore.

But they forget we're not like our grandparents (or even parents). We are still relatively young people and we can't just sit around and do nothing.

My days are spent doing the housekeeping (already a fulltime job) and running errands (which means walking or cycling to the town center). Next to do I like to do some writing in the morning, also like to read a couple of chapter in a new book when I'm having my coffee break around 10.30 am and the second time around 3 pm. And then I look up things on the net - planning future trips is quite a joy, and already half the pleasure!

Should I feel I have some time left, I can do more research on my family tree. I've already gone far when following my father's line. But on the side of my mother there is a lot of work still to be done.

And there also is a frame of needlework that needs to be completed. In earlier years, I never found the time for it. Hopefully I can complete it one of the following...

No comments:

Post a Comment