Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-11

Kind of weird remembering that 11 years ago, on a Tuesday also, two planes flew into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center. I'm told it's sunny today in New York as well, as it was on that fateful day.

I remember I was free that day and was above in my study preparing the following day's lessons, when my late mother called me down. "Something has happened in New York," she yelled. "Come down because there'll be a special broadcast on TV in a moment."

Only then I learned that airplane had flown into one of the towers of the World Trade Center. At first everyone had thought it was just an accident, but soon we all found out the terrible truth. We were watching, as the second plane hit the other tower.

We stayed glued to the TV for the rest of the day, and the following day at school it was the talk of the day.

As I'm Belgian, I don't have friends or relatives who worked in the World Trade Center, but I can image how terrible it all was - and is. I've seen the ruins later on and have met people who lost relatives in the disaster.

All of them are in my thoughts today especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment