Monday, September 3, 2012

Nickie's Ten Questions to Janet Evanovich

Who hasn't read the Stefanie Plum novels? And laughed and laughed at her numerous adventures, while trying to find out whether she'll choose for Morelli or Ranger?

Well, I have read all of them and like them a lot. So I'm more than pleased Janet wanted to answer some of my questions.

Here goes:

1) When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

I started writing in my young 30s. Before that I was a painter. I loved creating, but felt like my audience as a painter was very limited. I didn't want to create for myself, I wanted to create for others. That's when I discovered writing.

2) Did it take you long to find a publisher for your first book?

It took me 10 years.

3) How was 'One For The Money' received by the public?

Those that could find the book, seemed to like it. The print run wasn't too big.

4) 'One for the money', 'Two for the dough', 'Three to get deadly'... Are you an Elvis fan?

I like Elvis, but the titles sort of happened by accident.

5) Does Trenton resemble the town you grew up in?

Very much. That is why I picked The Burg as the location for Stefanie Plum.

6) How important are your fans' reactions to  you? Eg. ou let them choose the titles of your latest books.

Reader's opinions are very important to me. The Plum series is about fun, and if readers aren't having fun or feeling good when they are done with a Plum book, then it's time to move on.

7) Is the character of Stefanie Plum based on a person you actually know?

Stefanie has a lot of me and my daughter, Alex, in her.

8) Stefanie has a hamster and a dog. Do you have pets as well?

My kids had hamsters while they were growing up. We've also always had dogs, cats, birds and any other lost animal that found it's way to our home. Once we took in a lost ferret until we could find it's owner.

9) Can you tell us if Stefanie is ever going to choose between Morelli and Ranger? Or will she get another boyfriend?

Nope. Can't tell you.

10) Do you have your own favorite in the detective/thriller genre?

I like books by Lisa Scottoline, Elmore Leonard, Robert Parker.


So there you are, folks. We still don't know what's going to happen to Stefanie. Just keep reading those books, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment