Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Meeting a fan

Today I happened to run into Veronica, who is without doubt the biggest fan of my work. She has bought and read all of my novels, and whenever she sees me, tells me how wonderful those books are.

Oh, doesn't it feel great when you are told this? I believe every author is thrilled when someone says positive things about his or her work.

Veronico also wanted to know how the next book coming on. I had to take some time to bring her up to date.

The story I'm working on is titled The Black Coach and it is set in Victorian England.

                                         

The idea came to me when I was talking to someone about my collection of short stories, Face in the Mirror and Other Stories. The concluding story was about a black coach, in two versions. Bit by bit I got convinced that this idea could become a full lenght novel, about a mysterious coach that roams the Yorkshire countryside, and the ghastly murders of young, blond girls.

The heroine will be Maggie Thompson, an orphan and he counterpart will be Neil Harrington, a man with secrets. I won't tell too much about the intrigue, as I'm only one third into writing out the plot, but I can guarantee that it will be a good story, with good and bad, love and hate, as I use in all of my novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment