Saturday, November 30, 2013

1000 Classics

Every year, our most popular radio station here in Flanders - Radio 2 - broadcasts the top-1000 of the most popular songs of this and the past century. Everyone who wants to can vote for it, just by going to their website and picking 5 songs that are your personal favorites.

The last few years, the top-3 is nearly the same. Those favorite songs are 'Bohemian Rhaspody' by Queen, Barry White's 'You're my first, my last, my everything' and Abba's 'The Winner Takes It All'. Mostly Queen tops the list.

The count-down started yesterday, and everybody is voting already. Even ministers (and princes?) cast their vote. I filed my top-five this afternoon. On one 'Bohemian Rhapsody', on two 'Paradise by the dashboard light' from Meatloaf, on three a Flemish song by Louis Neefs 'Annelies van Sas van Gent', on four Rod Stewart's 'You're my heart' and lastly 'Nightfever' from the Bee Gees (and that's because I saw Barry Gibb life in Birmingham last September).

What would be your top five??? I'd appreciate if you took the time and make your list.

No comments:

Post a Comment