Saturday, November 9, 2013

How do you treat the unexpected?

Because of something that happened yesterday, I'd like to raise the topic of treating the unexpected.

How do you go about it?

Do you swear and curse because of the injustice done to you, or do you just shrug your shoulders and say 'what the heck'?

I definitely belong to the last group. Sure, I only learned this by growing older. When I was a young lass, I was much more impatient and could not accept the fact you can't change what happens. I suppose it was my mother's illness that thought me this valuable lesson. Looking after her - if only for two months (which seemed like two ages!) I was near a breakdown myself, and depression loomed. I understood that and I knew the only way to go about it was to accept what happened, just like that. Live day by day, and be happy with little things.

We had planned a weekend away at the coast. Today we'd have gone to Bruges, to do some sightseeing and shopping. Make long walks on the beach. Have a nice dinner somewhere. But it was not to be.

Yesterday evening my sister came home from work with an injury - something she has every year or so. Her ankle is sprained and swollen. Not able to walk around a lot, even with a support bandage. We had already bought the train tickets. So what the hell? What is 35 Euro? (Yeah, I know, for some it would be a lot!) We've spent more money on nothing.

So how do you treat this subject? Any ideas are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment