Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Going back in the past

When I feel bored (which happens rarely, to be honest) I tend to take out my old diaries. I began writing one when I was 15 years young, in 1971.

In the course of the last year(s) I have begun to put every entry on USB, to make sure the writings never go lost.

I don't know about you, but I think it's immense fun to read what you were thinking and doing when you were just a teenager! Often I have to laugh, because of the funny situations.

Do you ever feel regret for things that happened? I made mistakes, just like anyone else, but I don't mind at all. They've made me into what I am now, and for that I'm thankful.

Those old diaries are a fountain of memories lost. When you think back to the seventees or the eighties, you don't remember everything correctly - or you have forgotten how something went exactly. Now by going through these old files, you can relive your past.

Is this a thing about getting older? I don't know, but I'm going slowly to my sixties. I still don't feel old - and I hope I can postpone that feeling for a very long time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment