Friday, October 14, 2016

Nobel Prize Literature for Bob Dylan

This certainly came as a surprise - this year's Nobel Prize for Literature was awarded to singer/songwriter Bob Dylan!


And's it caused quite a controversy already. Most of the authors who write literature (which is, in my opinion, just something I'd never touch) say a genuine writer should get this Prize.

So ok, they could hand it to whomever. But why especially Bob Dylan? I don't think he's that great a singer. Heaven, he can't sing, he just wails a bit and sometimes produces the sound of a saw. Neither are his texts that special. Although I'm from the generation who should like Dylan, I'm not. Neither did I like The Beatles - only think that John Lennon wrote some beautiful songs (when sung by others).

Who'll get the next Nobel Prize?

No comments:

Post a Comment