Friday, October 21, 2016

They're already playing Christmas songs

As I'm already 60 (don't feel that old, though), I'm of a generation who loves to listen to the radio. It's a habit of mine to switch on the radio as soon as I come down for breakfast. It remains playing all day, as long as I'm inside the house. We only turn it off when the TV goes on, around 6.30 pm for 'Blokken' (a quiz) and the 7 o'clock news.

Just a moment ago, I heard the first Christmas tune of this year being played.

When I was a kid, they'd only play Christmas songs the week before Christmas day. But in the course of years, commerce has taken over and each season seem to come earlier and earlier. Before we realize it, they'll be putting up Valentine decoration in the shops!

What do you think of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment