Thursday, October 29, 2015

Bolero

A while ago, I heard the music of 'Bolero' on the radio (yes, I still listen to my radio, each day btw) - and the images of the supreme ice-dancing of Torvill & Dean come to mind.

Man, what a performance that was! It was the year of the Winter Olympics in Sarajevo: 1884. A long time ago, but then I'm already an old-timer myself (haha).



I'm quite fond of ice-dancing and so I try to see it whenever I can. I don't skate myself (well, have done when I was younger, but not ice-dancing) but the time of the big ice-shows has gone, I'm afraid. When we were kids we could go to Antwerp each winter to see a big ice-show in the Sportpaleis. Last time I saw a good show was two years ago, when we were in Salford (Manchester, UK) to see Robin Cousin's Dancing on Ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment