Friday, October 16, 2015

Preparing a trip to Hamburg, Germany

I've been spending most of this grey afternoon making arrangments for our trip to Hamburg in November.

My sister and I love musical theatre, so when we heard that Andrew Lloyd-Webber's Love Never Dies would be staged in Hamburg (as Liebe Stirbt Nie), we immediately decided to go and see the show once more. We've seen the show twice in London, way back in 2010, and loved it very much despite the criticism. We saw it once with Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess.



This Hamburg production stages Gardar Thor Cortes as the Phantom and Rachel Anne Moore as Christine. I watched some video's on You Tube and was impressed by Gardar's voice. So I think this will be a great show as well.

I don't have problems with the German language. I've lived and worked for 4 years in Germany (way back in the 1980's) and I've seen quite a bit of the country during that period. Unfortunately, I've never visited Hamburg.



So if someone who reads this blog has done, can you please pass on some tips of things to do? We are taking a couple of days there. Also looking for good restaurants. Comments are more than welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment