Friday, October 2, 2015

Egyptian secrets

It's been quite a year for fortune-hunters! First there were revelations about the disappearance of Van Eyck's lost panel (still not solved, though), then came the news about the train with Nazi gold in Poland, and right now Britisch archeologist Nicholas Reeves claims to have found a hidden door in the tomb of Tutanchamon, which will lead to the burial site of Queen Nefertiti...


When I was a young girl, I dreamed for a while of becoming an archeologist (I was fascinated with history) and of course discovering that unknown tomb of one or other Pharaoh! Well, as I grew older and became more aware of the reality of archeology, I did not want it so much anymore. I'm still interested in finding out more about objects and people, but I know I could not bear to live in a camp in primitive circumstances.

I love to read novels which are set in ancient Egypt, like those of Paul Doherty, or Barbara Erskine's 'Secrets in the Sand'.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment