Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Do you often act on impulse?

I must confess - I do. And the older I get, the more I'm acting on it. Carpe Diem... seize the day.  Since my mother's death I am much more aware that life can change abruptly from one day to another.  Mum knew as well. Her dying words to us were that we should enjoy life as best as we could.

So now, I try to live from day to day and not worry overmuch. Sure, bad things can happen, but good ones as well. The last few years my sister and I have done much more than ever before, had experiences which would sound like a folly to others, but were great fun to us. Last year, we decided in a whim to buy (very) expensive tickets for the 25th Anniversary Concert of Phantom of the Opera in the Royal Albert Hall in London. We paid more than 1,500 € (if you want it in dollar, multiply by 1,3) just for two days. Well, I don't mind. We had the money, so we spent it.

And only yesterday we decided to make another trip to Great-Britain to see the Osmonds. My sister always was a big fan of the group, and as she did not have the opportunity to see them perform in their days of glory, she is set on seeing them perform in Boogie Nights. So we bought the tickets, booked our train and hotel...

Come to think of it, 2013 is going to be a good year. Off to Switzerland in February, then to see the Osmonds in March, next to Cardiff for a weekend in April, to Amsterdam in May and to Scotland in July. We haven't made plans for the rest of the year, but who knows???

So how much to you act on impulse?

No comments:

Post a Comment