Sunday, January 27, 2013

For Love of Sarah

I'd like to take the opportunity to present you to Hazel Statham, author of For Love of Sarah, a regency romance available from Montlake Romance.

Hazel is on a Virtual Book Tour with Goddess Fish Promotions and she will be awarding a winner's choice of either a cream coin freshwater pearl necklace or a digital copy of Dominic or His Shadowed Heart (international giveaway) to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour, and a choice of either rhinestone crystal butterfly and pearl earring or a digital copy of the above mentioned books to a randomly drawn host. So please stop by as much as you like and don't forget to leave a comment.

Hazel began writing at the age of 15, finally committing to paper the stories she spun as a child. Writing has been her passion ever since, although marriage, motherhood, and career left time for little else. Once she retired, however, she was able to devote herself to writing full-time, publishing her fist novel in 2007. A long time student of history, she writes mainly in the Regency and Georgian eras, though she has been known to dabble in the medieval as well. She lives in Staffordshire, England, with her husband Terry and their beloved yellow labrador Mollie.



Hazel loves to hear from her readers and promises to answer all mail.

Her website address is: www.hazel-statham.co.uk

You can find the novel either at Amazon.co.uk:
Paperback or Kindle
http://www.amazon.co.uk/For-Love-Sarah-Hazel-statham/dp/1612186831/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344777843&sr=8-1 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/For-Love-Sarah-ebook/dp/B008RBTPZ0/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1344778014&sr=1-1

or from Amazon.com:




 
 
 
I did an interview with Hazel and here are my questions and her answer


1)      When did you know you wanted to become an author?
 
I don’t remember exactly when I wanted to become an author; writing is just a compulsion I can’t ignore.  However, it wasn’t until a lecturer friend of mine encouraged me to submit my work to a publisher a few years ago that I contemplated becoming a published author.  Until this point, I had written only for my own amusement with no thoughts of seeking publication.
 
2)      Does your environment encourage you to write?
 
I wrie when the house is quiet and I can immerse myself in my imagination and creat characters and settings from the past.
 
3)      Why have you chosen regency romance as your genre?
 
I love the romance and elegance of the Regency and Georgian eras and there is so much written about these fascinating times that, as a writer, I am never left without inspiration.
 
4)      How do you organize your research?
 
I read, read and read. I have several reference books and of course, the internet is a wonderful tool. If I state something as fact I want it to be as accurate as I can make it, making sure the story fits the fact, not the fact fits the story. So many readers of the genre would know if I 'got it wrong' and I want to make my stories as plausible as possible.





 5)      Is “For the Love of Sarah” your first novel?
 
No, it is my seventh published novel. My previous works are, ‘Consequence’, ‘Dominic’, ‘My Dearest Friend’, ‘Lizzie’s Rake’, ‘His Shadowed Heart’, and ‘The Portrait’.
 
6)      Did you find it easy or difficult to find a publisher?
 
I have to confess that I have been very lucky in finding publishers for my work.
 
7)      What are your hopes for your career?
 
I hope readers continue to enjoy reading my work as much as I enjoy writing it.  It’s all any author could wish for.
 
8)      How do you handle criticism?

I have to confess to being my own worst critic and am never completely satisfied with the finished product.  As far as bad reviews are concerned, I have yet to learn to toughen up.  So far, I have been very lucky with my reviewers and am grateful for their support.
 
9)      How important are readers to you?
 
Extremely!  They are our audience, the reason we put our work out there.  I love to hear from my readers and promise to answer all my mail.
 
10)  Do you have any tips for beginning writers?
 
Write what you know and are passionate about.  Don’t be tempted to stray into areas that you are not comfortable or confident writing about.  Get to know your market and only approach publishers that are actively seeking manuscripts in your genre.
Above all, if you feel the compulsion to write, write – don’t ignore it.  Even if, at the end of the day, you decide not to submit to a publisher, you will have enjoyed the process of creation enormously

 
 
And to end, some teasers!!
 
BLURB:

How many times can a heart be broken?  How many times can love be denied?  Sarah and Alexander were destined for each other but after just four short weeks of marriage, their lives were torn asunder.

Alexander, Earl of Thorne thought he had found his ideal mate but, when Sarah absconded shortly after their marriage, his world came crashing down.  Now, five years later, he discovers her in a remote Yorkshire village.

Sarah had thought she was safe, but when, severely injured in a freak accident, her husband is thrust once more into her life, she fears her dark secrets and the fact she has a son, will become known. 

Despite her own desperate longings, she continually repudiates Alexander’s efforts of reconciliation. However, fate conspires against her, and when her home is made uninhabitable by floods, she and her young son are forced to accept his aid and return to her former home.

Discovery threatens and, despite her breaking heart, she plans to leave Alexander’s life.  What is this secret that makes it so imperative that she should abscond from him yet again?  Can two broken hearts cleave and emerge victorious or will life's cruel forces tear them apart forever? 
 
 
EXCERPT:

Yorshire, June 1815

Why now? Dear God, why now? After almost five years of schooling his body and mind from wanting her, the mere sight of her slight form across the crowded marketplace had brought back all the old emotions he's worked so desperately to subdue, and he reeled with the impact.

He's thought the stance of the young woman was familiar, as he had on numerous occasions, only to be disappointed, but when she moved into full view by the bakery stall, he immediately realized that it truly was his wife. Sarah, his senses cried, sweet, faithless Sarah. They had been wed but four weeks when she disappeared from his home and life. To find her now in a remote Yorshire village defied all sense.

His impulse was to confront her immediatley, but as he moved to tether his horse to the rail outside the smithy, the blacksmith came out to take the beast from him.

"Lost his shoe, has he, sir?" the man asked, casting an appreciative eye over the large chestnut. "Fine animmal, if I might say so..."

Thrusting the reins into the smithy's hand, Alexander Markham, Earl of Thorne, snapped, "Left side, fore," effectively cutting short the blacksmith's appraisal of his mount and, turning on his heel, left the man to stare after him as he made his way into the throng of people in the marketplace.

Despite his advantage of height, he could see no sign of his wife. She had moved from the stall - but to where? Becoming frustrated with the press of people that milled around him, he strode toward the centre where the ground rose to provide a vantage point, but to no avail. Sarah was nowhere in view, and he began to doubt his own perception.
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks for hosting me today. It is much appreciated and I look forward to my visit.

    ReplyDelete