Wednesday, February 10, 2016

40 days without (or with less) meat and fish

Radio 2 - about the biggest radio station in Belgium - has launched a competition for its listeners, daring them to go the 40 days until Easter with less meat or fish. Dieting, right? The action is meant to better the environment.

I'm not for dieting by itself. Those who follow a specific diet will often go eating too much once more when they end their diet.  The so-called jo-jo effect.

What works is see to what you eat. If you really want to lose some weight, you have to make the effort to adjust your food mechanisms. What works for me is to watch carefully what I eat. I only eat meat once or twice a week. I also eat fish or chicken, and also prepare twice a week a vegetarian dish.

I've found it lowers my intake of fat (less cholesterol) and this way I lose some weight as well. Nothing spectacular, but I've gone down one size in about six month's time.

For my heart, I also need to be careful with sugar. All in all, I think we eat quite healthy.

Are you a fan of diets?

No comments:

Post a Comment