Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Let's talk about sex

When is the best age for children to learn about sex? This question remains up-to-date all through the centuries.

Here in Belgium, youngster apparently wait a bit longer than before to begin having sex. Those who are 16 now prefer to wait a bit longer - but then the younger kids appear to be starting earlier again.

When I was a young girl, we did not think about sex before we were at least 17 or 18, but right now you hear girls of 14 compare their sexual experience right in public. One girls even mentioned 'she had sex when she became 14 because it was time'.

Sorry, but I do honestly think that's wrong. Sex is simply over-rated. It's an experience that in my mind comes not higher than having a good meal, or skiing down a slope at top speed, or galopping over the beach on horseback. And when is the best moment for sex? That's when you feel totally comfortable with your partner - then it comes without premeditation.

Should parents talk with their children about sex? I don't know. Mine did not do that, we found out ourselves and we were not the worse for it. I suppose I'd warn my daughter(s) for the dangers of having unprotected sex, as make them aware that you don't give away your body to just anyone.

What are your thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment